Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Race Day Photos

The race at The Garden of The Gods! AMAZING! I would say if I weren't living in Colorado, I would make it a point to travel here just to do the Race for the Cure at this venue. I have a few photos to share. The first is the view of the start of the walkers for the race. The runners are going past us on the left so we were chearing them on to complete. If you notice, the walkers go to the right. Yes, that is a giant hill that we must walk up. The people that run this have some serious stamina!
Lisa had the bunny ears on! It was classic! Her kids were also walking with us. The video is of them bobbing their head to the music at each of the stations along the route.
Along the route, we stopped for a photo of the group of us who walked together. Lisa, and her two kids are on the left, Me, and then Jeannine.
Lisa and Jeannine on the hill toward the finish line...
Here I am, crossing the finish line. 3 Miles/5K of up and down...
Here is the UOP crew. Wendy (middle of the front in the black) ran the race. The rest of us walked :o)

We had a great time. I'm glad I went back down for the actual race. Next year, I'm betting the Pooches walk will be longer and I won't have the energy!
Mike and I went out after the race and played in the mountains. However, that is a post for another day!
C'ya!

No comments: