Thursday, September 20, 2007

Who should I start?

Another typical day at work that I would rather not go into this evening. It will really only make my head hurt and cause me to lose focus.

Instead, I would rather look at the exciting world of Fantasy Football. I must admit that the sport is quite exciting. I hate to admit that I spend way too much of what little free time I have looking at my team. I even have to have the darn laptop set to NFL.com on Sundays to 'watch' as my team scores and beats out the other team (or doesn't). Let's analyze this week and who I have to work with.

At quarterback, I pretty much have a no brainer when it comes to who I am going to start: Tony Romo. I have Damon Huard as a backup for that one week out of the year when Tony is off. He might do me some good for that one week. But let's face it, his performance to date for the Chiefs has not been up to the standard he set last year when he was Trent Green's backup.

At running back, I have Jamal Lewis and Tatum Bell. Neither are great options and against my opponent this week, I am a 3-point underdog. However, my only other running back is Ahman Green. While I back the Husker-background 100%, he has moved to a team that is sub-par when it comes to their running game. If he proves me wrong, then I will look at adding him back to the line-up.

At wide receiver I have Andre Johnson, Isaac Bruce, and Vincent Jackson. I am a 6-point underdog in this category. However, at backup is Amani Toomer. He is playing for a Giants team who isn't really using him to his fullest potential. I'm going with the fantasy analysis this week and benching him.

At tight end I have Tony Gonzalez. This is a no brainer people. It doesn't matter who I have backing him up; Tony G starts!

My kicker is Jason Elam of the Denver Broncos. While I do not condone having a Bronco on the team, I must admit I am happy to have such a veteran player in at kicker. I can think of several times that he has defeated Kansas City by just a few points with a simple kick. When it boils down to it, he can get the job done. **This is not an endorsement for the Denver Broncos, merely a statement of fact and in no way changes my true feelings for the ponies over on the other side of Kansas!

My defense is where I am really torn. I am a 3-point underdog in this category no matter which team I start. I can start the Oakland Raiders but seriously, they are playing Cleveland who just scored 51 points in their last game against the Bengals. I don't know that they can get the job done. Kansas City however, is pleased to have one of their best players return to the line-up; Jared Allen (who was suspended and has done his time). I think in this case, I go with MY team and hope they pull off some great stuff against Minnesota in the home opener.

I'm currently 1-0-0 (one win, zero ties, zero losses) against a team that is 0-1-0. My coach rating is 100 which ties me for 1st. I'm 4th in passing, 5th in rushing, 7th in receiving, and am 10th in defense (I know I lack). I don't think I have anything to complain about after my first week's performance.

I've messed with the starting line up trying to find the best possible combination; which still puts me at a 6 point underdog. However, on any given Sunday, you never know what is going to happen. Maybe all of the players on the other team will get suspended for fighting or something...

C'ya!

No comments: