Monday, September 03, 2007

Vacation Fun - Day Four

I know - I'm a day off. But you continue to read so I keep posting...

Mike didn’t make it out on the lake last night. See, the tick bites I was mentioning in one of the other posts. Yeah…well they suck! He only has about a dozen…but they still itch. I have counted over 30 on my left foot and I got tired of counting so I quit. Both of us took some benedryl last night to try and get some rest without itching! Since it put us both OUT…we didn’t get out of the campsite this morning until well after 9 AM.

Today we again wanted to do some fishing but instead of dealing with all of the lake traffic, we decided to hit the stream instead. It was fantastic! Very little traffic and the area is just beautiful! We didn’t catch any fish (nothing to keep any way) but just being able to spend the time together and not have to be going any where was nice.

We did have some fun getting the dogs into the water to cool off a bit. The first time I tried, it took Mike throwing them off the dock. The second time, I had to drag them in with me. The final time, Sedona almost ran out to where I was. She even came back a couple of times; I think the cool water felt good. Topos took a little coaxing the final time but once he was in there, he was loving it! I know it helps cool them off even if they don’t realize I am doing it for their own good!

We knocked off fishing early tonight so we could come back and actually cook dinner with some sunlight. We intend to build a nice fire and enjoy the rest of our evening. I doubt we get up very early in the morning but we do have to pack up and head home. Of course…there will be some geocaching involved before we get there!

I’m going to go ahead and get dinner started.

C’ya!

No comments: