Monday, February 02, 2009

Member Rewards

We all have New Year's Resolutions (even if you won't admit it to anyone).  Mine originally was to lose weight.  With the back problem I had at the end of 2008, that was one that I had to sort of put on hold while I worked to be able to move again.  Well, I am not 100% yet but I am now able to do some exercising.  The best I have found so far is the pool.  Mike and I joined a gym the other day just for the pool.  If you have one of these close to you, I highly recommend checking them out - 24 Hour Fitness.  They have a rewards program that I really must admit is worth it if it means we can get back into shape.  They offer 'medals' for working out at the gym.  The rewards include a coffee maker (just like I got for Christmas) and a razor (just like I bought Mike for Christmas).  These are not 'cheap' gifts.  It really is almost like getting your money back if you can earn the medals.  Just a fun way of working out if you ask me.

Just so you know, I have lost 3 pounds in the 3 weeks since I started counting calories and going to the gym every other day to swim.  I'm also back to being able to walk at a decent pace on the treadmill.  Keep me honest here :o)

Well, I'm off to bed.

C'ya!

No comments: