Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Future Leader of Corporate America - ME!

One thing that I have committed myself to this year is to develop a little more knowledge of what is going on in the Information Technology field so that I am able to use that information in my current and future positions.  I spend way too much time sitting around on Facebook and not enough time reading up on items that should be really important.  However, on one of the newsletters that I receive in regards to today's technology world, I found an interesting interview in regards to the social networking sites (such as Facebook):

M: What do you say to people who hear the term social software and think it’s only for techies?

David Teten: I think it’s a gross misapprehension – 84 percent of Americans participate in online groups. Particularly for the next generation, it is normative to spend hours per day communicating with your friends via blogs, instant messaging and so on. And those are the folks who are the future leaders of corporate America. It’s rapidly becoming mainstream. And when you’re communicating online, you have to learn the local culture. Everyone is doing this haphazardly, and we’re trying to create a systematic way to learn about these technologies.

So I guess I need to keep doing what I'm doing because my networking on Facebook is leading me to be a future leader in corporate America!

Going back to play some more...

C'ya!

No comments: