Saturday, June 14, 2008

Unofficially Official

The University of Phoenix graduation: Colorado Springs, CO: 10 AM today. As a member of the staff, I have the pleasure of joining the team in making sure the entire event goes off without a hitch. As a member of the leadership team, I have the pleasure of joining the administration and faculty on the stage during the ceremony. I felt a little odd joining everyone when I haven't officially graduated yet; even though I have all of the regalia already. So, in order to feel like I should be there dressed up in all of my Master's garb, Rebecca set up an "Unofficial Master's Hooding" in the faculty room before the ceremony. That way, I could feel a little more comfortable about wearing my tassle on the left...








Jeannine graduated for real so we grabbed a photo quick after the ceremony. It was a ton of fun but I am certainly glad it is over. I get to do it all again next weekend in Denver. I got the first taste of it today in a very short ceremony so we will see how it goes next week with 2 different ceremonies!

In case you are wondering, I actually have one class left to complete my Master's Degree. I am waiting to walk across the stage to receive recognition until Mike can also complete his degree. I think it would be cool for the two of us to walk together...so keep next June open so y'all can come visit us in Colorado!!

I've been up a long time today and Sedona and I had a busy couple of days (more to come on that another day). I'm going to call it a night!

C'ya!

1 comment:

Connie said...

We are so proud of you!!! Written through happy tears. Luvnhugs Mom and Dad!