Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

In honor of Father's Day, I went for a hike in a new park in Colorado. It was nice and flat all the way along the creek down below...for about a mile. Then, it started going up and up and up! I got to the point where the trail started going down when a couple of guys appeared out of the woods and said there was a great view if you hiked up a little further. I stood there for a moment trying to decide if I really wanted to go there. After much mental debate, I decided a little more up would not kill me. It was worth it! The view was fantastic!!









As we were hiking back to the car, I came across a castle by the stream. I couldn't help but stop and admire the beauty as well as snap a couple of photos!





On our way back to Denver, I took the scenic route and was able to take a photo of the mountain I had just been climbing.



It was a blast! I wish that my Dad and my husband could have been with me to celebrate the day. Know that you were both there in spirit the entire time!!

Anyone who is getting tired of seeing all of the hikes that I keep posting, raise your hand. Now, put your hand down and start planning your move!

C'ya!

1 comment:

Margaret said...

I'm quite enjoying all your hike pictures. Makes me think I'm living in the wrong State. But then again, we do have ten thousand lakes, and it is starting to get pretty toasty outside.