Friday, May 09, 2008

I understand...

The longer this takes to get the house sold, the more things happen; and with good reason. I got this email from Mike today:

I was sitting here listening to 710 am talk show about using water to increase gas mileage when I heard a loud popping and crackling sound outside. I immediately thought that the 15 year old boys were back for payback. I thought they had set off a couple gross of black cats (firecrackers) to wake everyone up after getting busted breaking into cars. Boy was I wrong!!!
I threw on some clothes, grabbed my phone and flashlight and headed outside, then I heard it again and saw the whole interior of our block light up behind the houses with a green light. I headed into the backyard and waited and sure enough it happened again. I thought it was the transformer on the electric pole behind the neighboors house. I went there to investigate and as I was looking at the transformer it happened again, but behind me and still up in the air. I turned around to see the flashing happen. It was the wires going into the house on Mississippi with the white picket fence around it. (The one where the 2 wandering dogs keep coming from) It was starting on fire!!!
I called 911 and ran around to the front of the house and knocked on the door, yelling your house is on fire. The people came out and I helped them get there dogs out to thier vehicle. The male owner came out, I didn't get his name, and we went around to the back of the house and I showed him where it was.
The police showed up first and then the fire department. The fire went out by itself and the power in the house went out. Who knows what could have happened. I guess my inability to go to sleep is happening for a reason.


Plesae take a moment to say a prayer of THANKS that the Lord would have Mike still in our house to save lives. Amazing isn't it???

C'ya!

1 comment:

Margaret said...

Are you sure you didn't marry a superhero??