Thursday, May 22, 2008

Are you kidding?

I moved to Colorado because I figured those big rocks that jut up into the horizon would keep tornados from being an issue. It seems that I am incorrect in my thinking. A very unusual tornado hit to the North of me. Unusual in that it was a super-cell tornado rather than a normal Colorado spout tornado. It also headed Northwest rather than Northeast. It also happened right around noon which is rare for the area. Just so you know, the tornados were about 50 miles to the North of Downtown Denver so quite a distance from where I am living. I don't know how long this link will be good but you can see some of the destruction from today as well as the path. I was trying to find a link to the video I saw earlier but I haven't been able to track it down...if I find it I will try and post it.

Also, just so you know, I was never any where near the silly thing. In fact, I was in probably one of THE safest places on the Plains; in Colorado Springs. The office sits right off of 25 between Pikes Peak and Pulpit rock; pretty tough for a tornado to get in there! I did go to Fort Collins last night - and I'm glad I did. Another witness right here for you Lord - Thank You!

I am going to head off to bed. I'm fairly certain I am going to dream about tornados now...I hate those kind of dreams...

C'ya!

No comments: