Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Smoking in the Rain

I got an email from Mike this morning at 4:01 AM; seems he had quite a night...

I just came in from having a cigarette. I went out for that cigarette at 2:50 AM. While I was smoking and it was storming, (rain, lightning, thunder) I noticed a couple people looking in the Jeep at the corner. I thought nothing of it at first, then they went to the vehicle in front of the house two doors down. I went in the house, grabbed my cell and called 911. I went back out on the porch, lights off, and watched them proceed to our neighbor's house and get in his car. At that point I made it apparent to them they were being watched and they began to run. I gave chase, still talking to the 911 operator, all the way to the east parking lot of the Junior High. The 2 boys had run to a dumpster, paper recycling, and hid behind it, located in the northeast corner. The police arrived and headed to the dumpster with spotlight on and found nobody there and headed back out of the parking lot towards me. I ran over waving my arms pointing back at the dumpster. I told the officer the boys were still there and he said he saw nothing. I told him they did not leave from the dumpster, so they must have crawled in. We went back to the dumpster and sure enough, there were holes on both sides of it and the boys had crawled in. The entire force for the city showed up soon after (all 4 patrol cars, yes that is all they have on a week night). I identified them by what they were wearing and that they were both white males. The police agreed that who they had in the dumpster matched my description. They took them into custody and then searched the dumpster. They had taken some jewelry, a knife, some gum, the neighbors baseball and flashlight, and some other petty stuff. We then came back over here and woke up the neighbor, who's car door was still open. He was very happy our house had not sold yet. What a smoke that was.

Again...Can I get a witness?? Praise the Lord!

Back to work...
C'ya!

No comments: