Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving 2007

We are home and have set up the Christmas tree. The house is now ready for the Christmas season! We had a pleasant Thanksgiving; as is usually the case with my family! We arrived at my brother's home in Nebraska late Wednesday night. Everyone was awake and waiting for the hugs and kisses...everyone but little Ella Bella. We began the ritual of making lunch on Thanksgiving day - well...Eric did anyway. The food was fantastic as usual! We all ate way too much...which is the norm. While we were eating lunch, Ella was being just the cutest little thing...as is the usual. I shot a video of her during lunch. You have to watch the expressions on her face...simply priceless!

Lunch complete, we begin to search the ads for the perfect deal and prepare for the big shopping day to follow. Most of us went to bed early Thursday night as 4 AM usually comes around VERY early...

Up and at em! We headed out Friday for a day of shopping and girl fun. We had a blast! Mom, Rosemary, Angie, Danelle, Jeri, myself, Becca, and later June and Ella went from store to store looking for the items we wanted most to serve as the gifts to give loved ones during the coming holiday season. I think everyone got everything from their list; at least no complaints any way. I managed to spend much more than I probably should have - but I guess you only live once, right? Plus I can hardly wait to see the faces of everyone as they open up their new treasures. I hope they all like what I have chosen...

Saturday was a much slower day. We visited very few stores as we were all pretty worn out from the day before. We finished up the weekend making a few bracelets and spending time chatting and enjoying each other's company.

Unfortunately, the Chiefs lost today - but I guess I'm still coming down from the high of such a great and relaxing weekend, that I really am not bothered by the loss. They put up a good fight and played their hearts out so I can't complain.

Right now, Mike is preparing our feast of chicken while I blog and enjoy the Christmas lights. I better go get my plate ready...

C'ya!

2 comments:

Connie said...

That is so cute. Did so enjoy the holiday and time spent with all of you. Luvnhugs, Mom

KC's #1 Fan said...

As always it was a wonderful time and went by way to fast!