Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I'm getting excited...

A couple of nights ago, my brother started to IM me and talking about our Thanksgiving tradition. I must admit, this is one of my FAVORITE holidays. I like Christmas for the time with family and the joy that the birth of our Savior brings. However, nothing beats the time we (meaning the Lorenz family) have during the Thanksgiving holiday. We get together, eat way too much food, then begin preparing for Black Friday. Looking through ads and talking about THE PLAN for the day. If you don't know what Black Friday is, then you must live somewhere in the back-woods where there are no stores and quite frankly, I feel sorry for you. I guess it probably isn't so much the shopping (although you know I love to spend money I don't have). It is the thrill of the hunt and the thrill of finding that perfect gift for someone. It is also the time spent with my family that often makes me wish I didn't live so far away! I'm starting to get excited and I'm not sure I am going to make it 7 more days...

I have to go pack. I get the pleasure of driving to Wichita, Kansas tomorrow...Two Fun-Filled days in the middle of Kansas - oh joy!

C'ya!

No comments: