Monday, August 13, 2007

What is LJ doing?

So I'm on a teleconference today and someone asks me the question - "Is Larry Johnson planning on joining the Chiefs this season?" Quite frankly, I hadn't been paying that much attention. To me it's ridiculous that these players even have that option. If I walked in to my boss tomorrow and told him I was going to hold out for more money...I'm fairly certain he would go ahead and relieve me of my duties! C'mon Larry; open your eyes. Get 'er done!

Here is what the Kansas City Star is saying:

Chiefs close to deal with Larry Johnson
By ADAM TEICHER
The Kansas City Star


The Chiefs and Larry Johnson were closing in on agreement on a contract extension that could put him back in a Chiefs uniform in time for their third preseason game on Aug. 23 against New Orleans at Arrowhead Stadium.

Multiple sources told The Star today the sides had narrowed their once-considerable differences and a deal could be struck sometime this week.

One source indicated Johnson might be at Arrowhead Stadium for Thursday night’s game against Miami.

Publicly, Chiefs president/general manager Carl Peterson said he didn’t believe a deal was imminent.

“I’m cautiously optimistic a deal will get concluded, but exactly when I can’t tell you. I really can’t,” Peterson said. “I would say we’re still communicating. Are we real close? Not from where I sit.

“We’re still talking pretty much on a daily basis. There are things we’re still stuck on and I can’t say how long that’s going to take.”

I would love to say that the team with LJ is going to be a Super Bowl contending team but I don't believe that one man makes up the entire team. They all have to work together in order to put wins on the board. With or without Larry, it doesn't really matter to me.

You can certainly tell it is summer here in Kansas City. The Royals are in last place and the Chiefs are going to win the Super Bowl...

Future updates on LJ may or may not be posted here so feel free to check back for updates...or not....

I have to get up early tomorrow so I best head to bed.

C'ya!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aweseom job on the race ... I have to agree about the JOb thing alothough I might get away with it , NOT.. But I see it from the best end of LJ I mean for the last 3 season no one has carrie the ball more and of the top 5 backs in the league he is not even making close to the others.. and @ that position your footlball life span is burned thru faster then most. look @ earl campbell? ppor bastard in only in his 50's and he looks like he is in his 90's and needs life support.. So I see it both ways plus your team is going down to MY broncos!