Thursday, June 07, 2007

Down South

Tonight I am in Springfield, Missouri - and I'm blogging - so you know that there must be absolutely NOTHING exciting to do in this town. That's okay. I've been up since 5:00; which is just a little early for me. I'm fairly certain that I am going to be doing just a little bit of homework and calling it a night. I don't mind. I busted my buns today so I'm pretty beat. It is funny...I'm staying at the Hampton Inn on Glenstone Ave (not that you probably know where that is...). It's a Hilton so I like to stay here because I get the points. I've stayed at this one before - only last time it was under rennovation. The changes are done and it looks pretty good. I didn't get lucky enough to get a King size bed as I usually do. Instead I got two doubles...but these beds look more like two twins. I swear they were much bigger when I was a kid! I am just a little disappointed in the customer service when I walked in though. The girl at the front desk greeted me by say "Yes?" and not in a friendly, 'Can I Help You' tone. More of a "I'm really busy and I could care less if you or I are here" type voice. I would feel much better about my stay if they greeted me with a smile and a "Can I help you?". But I guess, I don't work in the hotel business so how would I know?

The good news is that I sold a couple of bracelets today and I need to make a watch to match on of the bracelets. I'm so excited - maybe I can do something more with them...

I suppose, not much of an exciting day. I'm going to finish eating my Fazoli's (which is one of my favorite places to eat but we don't have one very close to the house so I don't get it very often) and watch a little of the tube...

C'ya!

No comments: