Tuesday, August 29, 2006

A Weekend at the Farm

Mike and I spent a weekend at my parent's house in Nebraska. What a wonderfully relaxing weekend! We drove up early Friday and managed to get to the house before either of my parents were off work. Since the both of them are very concerned with the property located inside the house, they lock the door. This posed a bit of a problem for us since neither of us have a key! We climbed back into the truck and headed into town so we could grab the key from Mom at the school. We ended up taking a tour of the school and seeing several of my teachers from high school! It was fun but after 45 minutes of walking and chatting, I was pretty warn out (I guess that is why they say 30 days to recover, huh?). Saturday morning we spent shopping. Saturday afternoon we spent at a wedding reception for my step-nephew. Saturday night we spent at my nephew's 7th birthday party. By the end of the day, I was once again BEAT! Sunday, I wasn't feeling the best when I got up so Mom and I spent the day in the house while Mike and Dad went fishing. We had a wonderful time beading bracelets and just hanging out. Monday came and Mom and Dad again had to go to work. Mike and I had planned on going fishing but due to a small rain shower (an all day affair) we were once again house bound. Seriously, when I say we did nothing all day, I mean we did NOTHING! It was kind of nice. We headed home this morning and after spending all day in the truck and then helping move in our new fridge (I really just watched...I can't lift more than 5 pounds yet) I am once again ready to sleep. I can't wait for this phase of healing to pass. It truly wears me out...

Off to bed with me...

C'ya!

No comments: