Friday, April 01, 2005

The Best Gift!

My husband is so adorable! His birthday is coming up this weekend and I have been hounding him to find out exactly what he would like to do. Yesterday, he says that he might like to get out of town and go camping. I spent last night running around trying to get everything together so that we can leave directly after he gets off of work. That wasn't so bad. In fact, I think I have it all together and now I'm just waiting for him to get home! One of the things he would like to do is to go fishing. The trouble is that all of our fishing equipment is being stored in our boat which is being stored in Cameron at a friend's house. Mike wanted me to go up this morning and get all of the equipment in order for us to go this weekend. I just didn't think I was going to have enough time to get everything in that I need to get done because it takes 30 minutes up and 30 minutes back. So I made him call our friend and see if he was going to be coming to Kansas City tomorrow for work. He was so Mike asked him to bring everything (he gave him the list) and he would meet him to pick it up. During the conversation, Mike said he needed his tackle box but to be careful picking it up because the box was broken and being held together with bunji cords. Kent offered to bring his tackle box for us to use instead. So I'm sitting there listening to this entire conversation unfold. See, Wednesday night, I went to Cabelas and bought Mike a brand new tackle box for his birthday. I already had it all wrapped up so I decided I had better give it to him before Kent and he went to all of the trouble of transferring and rearranging the tackle boxes. I grabbed the giant wrapped gift from the other room and kept saying, "I think you need to open your gift now..." He looked at me and said "You got me a tackle box, didn't you!" He tore into the gift and opened it up. He was so excited; looking through everything and telling me where everything would go. He was just like a little kid! I'm so glad I can pick exactly what he wants and time his gifts like that...I don't know how it happens...it just does!

Okay...back to getting EVERYTHING needed to go camping together.

C'ya!

No comments: