Thursday, March 10, 2005

Uncle Sam Can Kiss This!

I am thoroughly convinced that the government has it in for us. We went to have our taxes done this evening expecting to have a great refund since Mike and I are both gainfully employeed this year. Well, without knowing we were screwing ourselves, we did. I have been claiming the wrong amount all along. Not to mention the fact that you have to claim your personal property tax payment in the year that you pay them. We were late this year so we didn't pay until 2005. Anyway, long story short, we screwed ourselves on our taxes. Let's just say that we are going to have to pay more than one of my bi-weekly paychecks to cover everything. I felt bad for the lady doing our taxes because we just couldn't believe we owed! Oh well, the only things that are certain in the life are death and taxes...Oh Sweet Death...

Here is the good news! God has a master plan for us because for the past two weeks, Mike has been working a butt-load of overtime. We will have enough to cover it but not much else. It could be worse though...so thank God for that!

C'ya!

1 comment:

Nicky said...

Well, well, well... You have a blog! Yeah - it has taken me this long to figure it out. =) I love it! I'm so happy to know you update it so I can check it out on a regular basis.

Well done!!
Nicky