Sunday, February 27, 2005

Finally!

I was too tired to post last night...I finally got to ride Lady! It's quite the story really. We were getting ready to saddle her up when she started to back up. It wouldn't have been a big deal but she ran right into the front of Kim's van! Luckily, she didn't do any damage but it really didn't do anything to boost her confidence! I wanted Kim to ride her first just to 'test' her. She passed with flying colors. I was up on her in no time and ended up riding for about 3 hours (if not a little longer). Any time she seemed to get out of line, I would just run her around in a tight circle 3 times and she was fine. I had Kim take some pictures just before I got off so I included the picture. When I was getting ready to take the saddle off, she again backed up and ended up running about 25 feet from us. Luckily, she just stopped there because we still needed to take the bridle off! Kim was able to get to her and I was able to get the thing off of her. I think she was happy to be rid of it! I'm excited that I was able to ride her and not site on the sidelines and watch. I think she is going to be a great horse and I'm excited to go back up again to ride. Too bad it's raining today...

Topos and Sedona are certainly worn out today! I took them with and they spent the entire day running around the farm playing with the other dogs. This morning, we walked for about an hour and a half around town. They are once again vegging...which is what I am about to go do. I'm going to watch the Nascar race to try and ensure that Gorden doesn't win again...C'ya!

No comments: