Friday, July 10, 2009

The Shack

A couple of weeks ago, my mom was here and spoke about a great book she had just read called "The Shack".  She searched pretty hard at all of the stores we visited to find a copy for me to read.  She (of course) was successful and handed it to me telling me that everyone she has spoken to about the book owns a copy for themselves and a copy to share.  After she handed me my copy, I read the back cover and was simply intrigued by what the text synopsis had to say (you can find more at their web site) so I started reading right away.  It took me a total of 5 days to read (would have been less if I would not have had a couple of other projects to complete while on vacation).  Quick, easy, and keeps you engaged; my favorite kind of book!

Guess what folks?  This book is wonderful!  While claimed to be only a novel and open to interpretation as to the validity of the story itself, you will find yourself laughing, crying, and really reaching into places that you did not know existed in your heart/mind.  By the end, you will greatly long for a loving (and real) relationship with God; the kind of relationship that you have with your best friend.  I do not want to reveal much more because it really will take away from your experience in reading it.  However, I would love to share with you the opportunity to read it and then discuss the contents after.  I have a copy to share so contact me and let me know if you are interested!  

Thank you Mom for making me think and beginning to speak with God the way He really intended!

No comments: