Sunday, July 12, 2009

Random Camera Fun

Mike and I decided that we would go fishing yesterday after he got home from work (he had to work 3 AM to 7 AM).  I was to have everything ready to go so that when he got home around 8 AM, we could jump in the Xterra and be on our way.  Well, he got home about 8:45 and I was ready.  We did jump into the Xterra and head on down the road.  Now, from our how to the lake we wanted to go (Rampart Range) is only about 15 miles from our house as the crow flies.  However, there is no direct path from our house.  There are several 4 X 4 trails so we chose one and headed up.  Thank goodness I packed a lunch because we didn't make it to the lake until around 12:30 PM.  Our chosen path was slightly hilly, rocky, and required 4 Lo most of the way!  Now, with such a late arrival (if you are not already aware), trout don't really like hot weather so at that time of day, catching fish is just a little slow.  I did have some random fun with the camera though:

Mike is bored out of his mind waiting for a fish to bite. 

My bobber floating in the water - that's right, no fish biting it.

Looking at the end of my pole down into the water - super cool that there is a close-up setting on our camera!

Lucky for us, some storms ended up rolling in...

We took another 4X4 trail back down to our house.  Unfortunately, I was too busy holding on to take any photos of the trails.  I am sure we are going to take them again!





No comments: