Sunday, March 15, 2009

But it is a good tired...

It has been a while since we have been able to get out of the city and head up into the mountains.  With Mike in school and me working non-stop, we just haven't had the time.  However, this weekend, we decided we would let nothing stop us from heading on up and getting away from it all.  We had a wonderful time!  

Topos and Sedona joined us today for a hike through one of Jefferson County's open space areas out near Conifer (Pine Valley).  I have to admit, I think this one is one of the most beautiful and challenging of all of the open spaces; even though this one has really been destroyed by fire...We also could not resist the temptation to do just a little geocaching while we were here.  I downloaded a wonderful application for my iPhone that allows us to use the phone as a GPS.  It is quite handy!!

I shot the following video when we reached one of the caches farthest from the truck.  The area was completely destroyed by fire several years ago and what you see is what remains.  Yet another reason to quit smoking:


I have photos to share but that is going to have to wait until I have some time to download and look at what I have.  I have to get up early, pack, and head to Cheyenne, Wyoming for a week full of work...

C'ya!

No comments: