Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A Memory Brought Back

I'm in Omaha, Nebraska. The air is thick and making sitting outside chilly. My hair is frizzy because the moisture makes the natural curl come out even after I spent hours making it straight. It is so foggy I can't see where I am driving in a city I used to know so well. My allergies are back because it is that time of the year here in the Midwest. The Western horizon shows nothing but a flat mass of nothingness.

Did I really live here for so long? I guess I seem to have forgotten.

I love being close to family: dinner, hanging out, chatting up all that is going on in life all face-to-face rather than via a blog or a chat window. A short drive and I can go shopping with my sister and a few extra minutes (okay an hour) and I am sitting in my childhood living room watching satellite television with my parents. A little further and I'm hanging out with my younger brother again. I miss that I will admit. I'm seeing all of those little babies growing up before my eyes, but from a distance. My nephews are taller than I...I wish we could all be closer but I don't miss ALL things Nebraska.

Actually, I miss the mountains...

C'ya!

No comments: