Saturday, July 19, 2008

Extra! Extra! Read All About It!

I bet you have all been wondering what the heck has been going on. Well, here is a fast update for you...

Mike and Topos are finally out in Colorado with Sedona and I! We loaded up the moving truck last weekend and headed out to put all of our belongings in storage. When we arrived, we parked the big rig out on the street in front of the house. We then proceeded to make plans to move everything into storage Tuesday. Well, Tuesday morning came and we had to make a quick visit to the emergency room; when I say quick I mean 13 hours of fun. Turns out that Mike is prone to kidney stones (oh joy). **Side note: Mike is fine but he was in a ton of pain - he did finally pass it so all seems well for now!** So that put a real damper on unloading the truck! We spent Tuesday afternoon looking for a rental so we wouldn't have to unload the truck then load it back up when we found a place to live. It didn't take us long. We have a house in Aurora! We don't officially move in until the first weekend in August (tentatively the 3rd but maybe sooner). The owners were kind enough to allow us to unload the truck into the garage so we wouldn't have to move anything twice (or pay for additional storage). So now all we need to do is get in there and move everything into the house. Anyone that wishes to join us, feel free to give me a shout (my phone number hasn't changed...yet).

We have discovered that Topos is much more possessive of me than we thought. Pray that we find a solution that works for everyone. I am waiting to hear back from the humane society to see what they recommend...

With that, I need to do some homework. My final class - YEAH!!!

C'ya!

2 comments:

Connie said...

I'm glad to find out what has been happening in your life. Thankful that Mike is doing okay.

Melanie said...

Kidney stones, now that is something I have experience with. Well not actually me but Warren has had two episodes, which is two too many if you ask me. I have never seen anyone is pain as when Warren was passing the stones.

I would love you help you move in if I were in the neighborhood. I loved Denver and want to move there someday. Hope to see you soon.