Sunday, June 08, 2008

The Hike According to Sedona

Maw Maw came home today and started putting items into the backpack as she does when she is going out on a bike ride. I took my spot on the bed and gave her that really cute face of mine to see if I could persuade her to do otherwise. She gave me the normal peck on the head and told me to 'come on' when everything was put into its place. I reluctantly headed up the stairs, thinking I was going to be shoved out the door with the other dogs to spend the day outside behind those white fenced walls. I was wrong today! Instead, we headed out the front door and jumped into the car. My next thought was that we were going to head down the street to the park with all of the people and all of the dogs. Wrong again! We drove for what seemed like forever up into the foothills. I didn't see the sign for where we were going but I know we went through Golden to get there (Maw Maw was talking to Paw Paw on the phone until she lost the signal). I was so excited I could hardly contain myself!!

We jumped onto the trail and headed out. Of course, it wouldn't be a trip into the mountains if Maw Maw didn't bring her camera. I'm glad she did because she got some really pretty photos. The first one below is just as we started on the trail.

We went down and down and down for what seemed like forever. Of course, in the mountains, you know once you go down, you must go back up!

We went up and down several times. It was really quite exhasting! We stopped at one point at a watering hole; which was something that you had to pump in order to get water out. It was quite tasty and I was glad to have something to wet my palett! Not long after, we stopped on a nice flat rock and had a little lunch and a short nap. It was a much welcomed rest. We had a fantastic view of the rocks over the hill so Maw Maw pulled out the camera and took another shot or two...



We were also quite amazed at the view of downtown Denver from where we were. It was absolutely amazing. Of course, we have photos:


As we were winding down the hike, Maw Maw played around with the camera and shot a photo of herself. I swear she is the goofiest lady I have ever met!

I ran ahead to make sure the way was clear. Of course, I had to keep stopping because Maw Maw is so slow sometimes!

Finally, we rounded the corner toward the bottom of the hill and headed back for the car. One last fantastic view of the mountains and we were on our way.

Right now, I'm so tired, I'm going to crash out on the bed and call it a night!

C'ya!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Jen, the girls are coming to the Denver area the end of June beginning of July for Softball Tournament. If you are interested perhaps I could send you info and you could go watch them play. I may also be going not for sure yet. I would love to see some of the sites in Denver.