Saturday, March 01, 2008

Garden of the Gods

Today we packed the kids into the truck and headed to a nice area in Colorado Springs called The Garden of the Gods. It was beautiful! Unfortunately, my camera died after only three photos so you will have to wait to see pictures until tomorrow. We didn't do much because of the boys - I most definitely will be going back to do some additional exploration on my own! Would like to spend much more time there!

We also went to Manitou Springs which is not far from The Springs. Very cute town nestled in the foothills of Pikes Peak. Another place we are definitely going to have to go back to! It reminded me alot of Jerome, Arizona. I would like to go back and ride The Cog Railroad up to the peak; we didn't have enough time for it today. We went to dinner at a nice Mexican Restaraunt named The Loop. My hosts were way too nice paying for dinner so someday I am going to have to repay them!

We ended the evening going to a Colorado College Tigers Hockey game. I haven't been to a hockey game in years! We had a great time - although we left before the end (the little ones were already up way too late!). I'm pretty beat myself so I might have to call it an early Saturday night.

I'll get some pictures tomorrow so you can see kind of what The Garden of the Gods looks like, although you can click here for an idea.

C'ya!

No comments: