Monday, October 22, 2007

It's been a few days...

Sorry about that - I went to Phoenix for work and this time Mike was able to join me. We took a mini-vacation for my birthday so I didn't log onto my computer to do much of anything but look for geocaches! We had a great time (I couldn't think of a better way to spend my birthday!). I have tons of photos to share. We spent most of our time in the Phoenix Mountain Preserves on the North side of Phoenix. If you ever have the opportunity to check it out and can handle some serious hiking, it is a must-see destination:

Playing around with some of a cache's contents.

Showing my 'Caching Gansta Sign'

A very unusual cache container - yes I had to reach into the cactus...
A view of one of the bluffs on our hike. We didn't climb to the summit on this one. We instead went to one a little higher - making this one look VERY little!
Mike showing off one of the caches with the mountains in the background.
We climbed to the top of this bluff instead. This photo was taken on the way down the other side so we were about halfway down already...
Just thought this was a cool view
Me climbing to the top. (Okay...we faked this photo a little - but it looks good!)

Mike checking out the view at the top
Family photo at the summit.


We spent the night Saturday at the Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort. This photo is of relaxing in the hot tub by the bar after a long day of hiking.
We had an awesome time! We got back last night at about 2:00 so we have spent today trying to adjust back to our normal time zone. I'm on vacation this week - we don't have big plans (other than cleaning up the basement) so I should be able to keep up on blogging; I hope.
I'm off to bed...
C'ya!


No comments: