Saturday, March 10, 2007

Where does the time go?

Wow! It's been like 3 months since I have even posted on here...I totally suck! I guess I just haven't taken the time since I travel so much and spend what little free time I have left working on school work...plus the fact that I had to re-build my PC and lost pretty much everything! I found it though thanks to Nicky :D

In the past three months I have:

1. Flown to Phoenix and gotten stuck there while Kansas City got pummeled with snow. I guess if you are going to get stuck somewhere, it just as well be somewhere like Phoenix. I finally got to do something I have always wanted to do - hike in the Superstition Mountains to the top of the flat iron:


2. Flown to California. I didn't get stuck there but I did a complete tour of the state. I started in San Fransisco then drove to Sacramento, Fresno, Costa Mesa, San Diego, then back up the cost through Los Angeles to San Fransisco. It was AWESOME - with one exception - the TRAFFIC. If I was ever given the option to move to LA, I'm fairly certain I would have to pass. I got a fair amount of photos but I will show you the best:

3. Spent 2 weeks recovering from surgery - NOT PLANNED. I got an infection near my new tatoo and had to have a large lump removed from the middle of my back. My husband had to put gauze in the hole twice a day for just about 3 weeks. One of the most painful experiences I have ever gone through. It is just about completely healed though and there was very minimal damage to my tattoo. The picture was taken shortly after I got home from the hospital:


4. Flown to Seattle. My husband got to join me because of my back. We spent a week touring the area. My cousin lives not far from Seattle so we were able to visit with her while we were there. We flew into Seattle, drove down to Portland (stopping at Mt. St. Helen on the way after driving through a blizzard), drove back to Seattle in a snow storm, drove to Bellingham then took the ferry over to Orcas Island, then took the ferry over to Port Townsend and stayed in Port Angeles (with a room on the bay), then drove around the coast back to Seattle. I wish we would have had more time...Again, I have a billion pictures but I will share one of the best.


5. Flew to Chicago to help set up a new campus in Gary, Indiana. I don't have any pictures of it because I didn't take the camera. I do want to offer this piece of advice - don't fly out of Chicago Midway on a Friday night...
I think that pretty much covers it. I leave for Phoenix on Monday again and then even more travel is in my future...I don't mind because I get to visit some really cool places. I do mind it because it is time away from home.
Speaking of home, I have got to get finished up with laundry so I can travel again so I had best sign off. I will try VERY hard to be better...

No comments: