Sunday, January 08, 2006

Motivation...

I spent this past weekend once again without my husband. If you have a hubby that stays at home with you all the time and you think that he is going to drive you completely crazy...just think of me in my lack-of-husband. You will appreciate him sooooo much more when he is there if he is gone...off my high horse and back to the story at hand...

Because he was gone, I went to ride Lady at Kent and Kim's. They had a few friends over for chicken noodle soup (if you have never had Kim's soup, you have never tasted heaven...). One of Kim's friends that was there is Lisa (short for something but I can't seem to remember right now). She is an artist...that's what she has the pleasure of spending her days doing. Kim and Lisa and I were sitting out in the garage hammering another nail in talking art. That got me to thinking..."You know...I haven't picked up a brush since I graduated from college." I got up early this morning and went to church and partook in communion (another thing I haven't done for a VERY loooooong time). When I got home, I was suddenly inspired. I started painting a picture of the lighthouse from our holiday vacation (see previous post). I have only completed the sky but the feeling I have right now is one of accomplishment and pride! I don't want to toot my own horn but I think it is looking awesome! I will share it when I finish it...hopefully life doesn't get too much in the way so I can...

Well, after a looooooooong day, I think I best head on to dreamland...or least go back to reading Cronicles of Narnia...

C'ya!

No comments: